Back to blog
Professional Frontend developer passionate about his job. Very involved in the subjects I work on either for myself or for the companies I collaborate with. I have expertise in different areas related to my job but I am always ready to challenge myself and learn new things.
M6web / Bedrock Streaming - Frontend DeveloperSince 2017 as contractor first, then as an employe, Lyon (France)
I was able to participate in the challenge of migrating a consumer video-on-demand streaming platform that has over 16 million active users, into a white label platform distributed in multiple countries for several customers. Thanks to a solid E2E and unit test stack, I contributed to the development of many user features that are now visible on sites like 6play, Salto, Videoland. By integrating a team of 6 developers working in ScrumBan, we were able to improve our product while keeping the same code base. I belong to the frontend pole which is composed of a hundred developers directed by Kenny Dits. I am by my experience and my skills brought to interact with people working in various contexts from TV to Mobile.
The technical stack used is: React with server side rendering, Sass (migration to StyledComponent in progress), Monorepo with multi-package sharing across platforms, monitoring with NewRelic. We use jest for our unit and integration testing, WebdriverIo/CucumberJS for E2E.
Examples of technical missions
- Integration of a multi-customer Atomic Design System.
- Maintain the stability of the application and implementation of a monitoring and alerting stack
- Optimization of application performance
- Publication of technical articles
- Writing technical documentation
- Maintain Bedrock's open-source tools
- Leading technical and transversal subjects across the company
- Training and coaching of junior profiles
- Creation of webpack plugins for the management of a white label site
- Setting up of Bedrock Academy for simpler and faster way the new people of the company
- Organization, design and realization of the migration of the project infrastructure in AWS with Terraform in discussion with Yann Verry's teams
- Setting up SEO solutions to improve sites performance and platforms content.
- Defining a Cloud based CI/CD process with Jenkins and AWS Codebuild
Polytech Lyon - Lecturer/Professor at the UniversitySince 2016, Lyon (France)
Supervision of groups of students (80 per year) in Master 1 and Master 2 on different themes. Presentation of theoretical courses in the amphitheater, or in practical workshops.
Examples of courses
- "Software quality and design pattern", 40 hours of course about testing, design patterns
- Introduction to "cloud" and the problematic of "environment", 30 hours workshop in order to let student setup CI/CD in the cloud
- Organization of events to meet students vs. different IT professions
- Studies of webservices solutions
What did I have to do for this job ?
- Design and creation of interactive and open source courses
- Students support in their professional projects: reading resume, help them find an internship
- Supervision of internships
- Creation of automatic evaluation tools
- Member of evaluation jury
Zenika - IT contractor2016-2019, Lyon (France)
As a contractor in this service company I carried out various missions:
- Support customers in the development of resilient and interactive web applications.
- Participate in the animation of the Zenika frontend developers community (events, conferences, workshops).
- Lead technical trainings for customers (VueJS, Testing subjects, Git best practices)
- Conduct technical interviews
I have a degree in computer science engineering from the University Polytechnic School of Lyon since 2016. It is in this university, part of the Claude Bernard University, that I have been invited to give various courses to Master 1 or 2.